 |
| Burj Kahlifa - tallest building in the world |
So on Thursday after work I drove down to Dubai with a coworker who lives down there. The two cities are about an hour and a half apart. I purchased my hotel on wednesday from Expedia and got a fantastic deal for the Sofitel Jumeriah Beach. It has beach access and is in this really trendy/tourist area - Jumeriah Beach. Two of my coworkers had flights out of Dubai at 2am (yes, 2 AM. They have weird flight times there) so the three of us went to the Dubai Mall. It's the largest mall in the world with over 1500 stores. It's right next to the Burj Khalifa which is the tallest building in the world. I passed on paying $$$ to go to the top of the building but instead we ate dinner outside, took in the views and got to see the fountain light show. (Same designers as the fountains at the Bellagio Hotel in Vegas. I find it weird that I've never seen those but now have seen the copycat which is across the globe.)
 |
| Fountains - light show |
 |
| Aquarium inside the Dubai Mall |
 |
| Proof I was there :) |
 |
| Inside the mall - they were doing a cultural showcase - Falconry is a big sport here - the best falcons can sell for $100,000 |
After a full night, I finally made it back to my hotel. And WOW! it was so fancy! My last minute deal from Expedia was not only a great price but a great hotel! Way out in the distance is Atlantis. I never made it out there but heard it's pretty sweet.
 |
| Night view |
 |
| Day view |
After a LONG night's sleep, I started the weekend vacation portion of my trip... More to come.
No comments:
Post a Comment