I love deadlines. It totally engergizes me when I have a short timeline to get something done. Is that weird? When there's a project that HAS to get done RIGHT NOW, I love it. I've always been like this. I think it's why I'm such an amazing procrastinator. Give me two weeks to write a paper and I'll still start it 2 days before it's due because I'm much more productive with my time when I know I have to be. If I actually started it in advance it would take me so many hours longer and the quality of the product wouldn't have been any better than only having a little while to do it.
This week at work we had a "drop everything else that you're doing and help us finish this project" couple of days. It was awesome. We had to finish the bonus/raise salary worksheet to present to our company's parent company for approval. It was fun to work on this type of project and I felt especially valuable because of my mad excel skills! :) Plus those days flew by too. I hope that my boss will continue to pull me into projects like this that are outside my training and development bubble. I think I was able to prove myself as being valuable in these kinds of situations too.
Now if only there was a realistic way to put some enforceable deadlines on our house projects and I'd have sooo much more accomplished!
No comments:
Post a Comment