Sunday, January 23, 2011

Sofa Shopping

I've been bookmarking sofas on my computer for weeks now. And I've been hitting up all the furniture stores around here to check for comfiness and the feel of the fabric. I even dragged Matt, my parents and my sister on various trips to the furniture stores. But despite all this work, we still haven't found the perfect sofa. I know, I know... there is no such thing as the perfect sofa. But it still would be nice to find something that both Matt and I agree upon.

We have made some progress though. At the beginning of this search my "likes" were all over the place. I could imagine all sorts of styles in our house. But even though my "likes" were many, they didn't match up with any of Matt's "likes". I didn't realize how different our expectations were for our new furniture. However, after lots of searching my style preference seems to have emerged and it's lining up more with Matt's preference.

Here are some of my favorites right now...




As you can see there's both regular sofas as well as a sofa/chaise combo. I've always thought a true sectional couch would be awesome but right now we think it may not work for our room. However, a sofa/chaise combo may be a great compromise. And as far as color - we're thinking in the brown family. But someone is a little particular about the feel of the fabric so that's more of a priority than the actual color. :) Hopefully we're able to decide on something soon because all this looking but not buying is exhausting. And we can't pick out a new paint for the walls until we decide on the furniture (lesson learned when painting our bedroom walls before picking out fabric for our window coverings).

1 comment:

  1. Not that you care, but I am never shy about giving an unsolicited opinion. :)
    1,3,and 5 are my faves. :) I am sofa hunting too. I don't remember it ever being this hard.
    Good luck.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete