It's still weird to me to have a sister AND a sister-in-law with a birthday on the same day...and born the same year. Every year we celebrate them differently and this year we celebrated them together. Mom, Dad, Jackie, Lindsey, Brian and Cheryl and then Matt and I. (Becky is still in Colorado). We went to Dos Rios for their guacamole (and dinner) and finished with dessert at Lindsey's sweet apartment.
Lindsey has a bass in her apartment because she's takin lessons this summer and my dad immediately drifted to it. He didn't really remember any songs back from the days in his band but he did improvise a bit.
While I feel like its not nearly close enough to my birthday for me to be receiving presents yet, I did. Brian and Cheryl got me a batch of one of my favorite desserts - ice cream sandwiches from Thelma's Treats. They are oh so good and taste even better since I know I'm supporting a local business / my friends!
Oh- we also found this sweet old picture of Matt an Lindsey, circa 1991.




No comments:
Post a Comment