Friday, July 6, 2012

Let Freedom Ring!

I love fireworks! Nothing beats that experience of watching the sky light up in amazing colors and feeling the boom in your chest. If we ever renew our vows or have another reason to throw a big party, I would absolutely love to have a fireworks display to end the night. And even though it would probably break the bank, I'm sure it would be worth every penny. There's just something so magical about them!


Having the 4th on a Wednesday this year is kind of a bummer. (Mostly because I'm not taking any additional days off.) But Matt and I got to kick off the celebration on Sunday night out at Jordan Creek Town Center. They made It a whole evening by starting the night out with dueling pianos / cover band. Then the fireworks! It was a pain trying to get out of the mall parking lot plus then we had a bit of a drive to get home. But I'm glad we went to see them.

Tuesday night was the Pops Concert down at the Capital which we usually go to but this year Matt was working. Plus on Wednesday morning Gable and I had to get up early. :) We drove down to KC with my parents and Jackie to spend the day poolside hanging out with our cousins , aunts, uncle and grandma. It was a fun and crazy hot day!  

We didn't get back to WDM until close to dusk so Gable and I ended up viewing multiple fireworks show all the the way back to Huxley. While we couldn't feel/hear any of the booms, it was still kind of a fun and different experience.

Hope you all had a wonderful 4th of July with family and friends celebrating the freedom so many soldiers fought and continue to fight for us to have!

No comments:

Post a Comment