So you may be wondering what can deer sticks and home furnishings possibly have to do with one another? The answer: Minneapolis.
A little over a week ago Matt and I took a road trip up to Minneapolis to pick up our finished batch of maple deer sticks. Yum!!! To make the road trip even more fun we stopped at Ikea. We didn't really have a list going in - although I had in mind a few things that we should check into in case we found something we liked. But really why I love Ikea is because of the showroom. It's hard for me to visualize how fun (or lame) or how big (or small) something will look when incorporated into a room so Ikea is able to take a lot of those doubts away. I feel more comfortable that I can make it work in my house and thus have more fun during the shopping process.
We easily dropped two grand... just kidding - it was only two hundred, on some cool new items. I think Matt's favorite is a new kitchen pot with a strainer insert. (We used it right away to make some pasta.) And my favorite is a new comforter and duvet cover. It is amazing how much difference a new comforter can make. Not only does it completely change the look of a room but it feels like I'm sleeping in a brand new bed!
And I'm pretty sure Gable loves it too!

No comments:
Post a Comment