Sunday, November 18, 2012

A note for next year...

If you think you missed seeing Matt run by, you probably did.

Today was the Living History Farms 7 mile cross country run. It was Matt's first time running, and my first time watching. Before the race started Matt and I picked out a meeting spot - the law office in the old town. Very responsible of us. However, I wanted to watch him race too. So I found a spot not to far from the start line to watch the masses run by and hopefully get a glimpse of Matt. No luck.

Then I followed a bunch of other bystanders out into the woods to one of the creek crossings on the course. I got a good spot and was there plenty early because it was 10-15 minutes before the first runner came by. I continued to watch every runner go by and even cheered on random people. After awhile I started wondering where Matt was - but I hadn't seen any of the other girls I knew that were also running so I didn't worry about. More runners went by and then I saw some of the girls but no Matt. More runners. No Matt. Other friends I knew. No Matt. Finally I just decided I should head back to our designated spot.

On my walk back I got a call from a random Illinois number. It was Matt. He was done and worried about where I was at. Oops. He'd been done with the race for over a half hour. I had COMPLETELY missed him. I was so bummed. He ran it in 1:19. So fast! So next race when I start to get nervous that I missed him - I probably did and I should head to the finish line.


I was planning on posting a really fabulous running-through-the-mud picture of Matt but since I didn't get that shot, here's a pre-race pic.

No comments:

Post a Comment