Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Christmas Card Love/Hate Relationship



Hands down – my favorite Christmas tradition is receiving Christmas cards. Ever since I can remember Mom has gathered us up for a family picture, written a letter and then mailed that out to all our family and friends. And since she was always so good about it – we always received loads of Christmas cards in return. Even now I love going home and going through the basket of letters and pictures.

After Matt and I got married I decided we should start our own Christmas letter tradition. I couldn’t expect others to send me cards if we weren’t willing to put in the time time to send out our own. Our first Christmas we were still wrapping up our thank you notes from our wedding and everyone that we would have sent a Christmas card to was already receiving a thank you (which included a wedding pic) so there was no need to do an additional Christmas card. In 2010 we wrote our first official Christmas card – we posted it on the blog here. And when I saw "we" I mean, Matt wrote it and I mailed them out. Last year we did our second one, but we were a little late getting it sent out. And it appears I didn’t post it at all since I had a gap in posts from October to March.
We haven’t started writing this years but we most definitely have plenty to write about. My biggest concern though is the picture. We went a lot of cool places and did a lot of fun things, but I can’t find any pictures of Matt and I that I really love. This is where the HATE part of the relationship comes in. Not only is it stressful going through the hundreds (maybe thousands) of pictures I took this year to find no suitable ones for the card, but now I have to convince Matt that we need to take a Christmas picture. And if you know Matt, you know that he HATES pictures. Oh man – this is not going to be fun. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment