I owe a special thank you to Matt for helping me making these delicious mexican roll-ups that I brought to work today. My contribution was coming up with an idea and going to the grocery store to pick up the ingredients. And then Matt did all the rest -- including arranging them on the platter.
And here's how he did it...
Combine
8oz cream cheese (we used the 1/3 less fat variety)
16 oz sour cream (also the reduced fat variety)
2 cups shredded cheese
1 packet taco seasoning
1/2 can of the small Rotel can of tomatoes and green chiles (drained)
2-4 tablespoons of Ortega taco sauce
Spread mixture on flour tortillas and wrap tightly. We used up a package of 8 and had extra mixture left. So either reduce the ingredients or purchase more tortillas. Also next time we might try spinach wraps. (But don't accidentatly get italian wraps - they are indeed gross!)
Let the wraps cool in the fridge for at least a couple hours before cuting them into small peices. Then you just need some salsa for dipping and your ready to go! But watch out - they go fast. I couldn't even grab a picture before people took a few.
![]() |
| From: Recipe Girl |
This isn't the pic of the actual dessert but it's from the website where she found the recipe. And her recipe turned out exactly like the picture (I didn't know that could actually happen!) I've seen this on Pinterest and it looked good to me before but I had no idea how good it would actually be! And it didn't sound that hard to make. Pat down cookie dough in a 9x13 pan-- put down a layer of oreos --drizzle some caramel over that -- put down the top layer of cookie dough -- bake and enjoy! Fingers crossed that my attempt looks and tastes just as good!
Here's the recipe she used from Recipe Girl:


Double yum! PS - love your blog's red scheme for the holidays! :)
ReplyDelete