Friday, July 16, 2010

DM Arts Festival

It's been a few weeks now but better late than never, right?  On June 25th, my parents and I hit up the DM Arts Festival after work. Despite the fact that I've been going to it for many years, I've never bought anything. (We do have 3 bowls we love by George Lowe from Decorah, Iowa, curtesy of Jackie at last year's festival!) Now that I have a house to decorate I thought for sure this was the year I was going to buy some amazing. Well... I did buy something that tasted amazing but no painting.  

About to enjoy my first gyro!

It's not for lack of trying that I didn't come home with a beautiful new piece of art. We did the loop twice and stopped at my favorite ones a couple time. My absolute favorite artist there was Michael McKee. He creates landscape paintings with pastels but the colors are bright and filled with joy. They also are WAY out of our budget. :( But hopefully someday I'll be viewing one of these on the wall in our home. Until then I'll just have to get by with viewing them as the background on my computer.  

No comments:

Post a Comment