Thursday, August 5, 2010

Tori Got Hitched!

Last weekend we were in Decorah for Tori & Clint's wedding. It was a great wedding and a fun weekend overall which is why I'd love to blog about it. Unfortunately, I completely failed to take any pictures. oops. And after reading Liz's blog about our tubing adventure on Sunday I know I won't be able to write anything more entertaining about that part of our weekend. It was so funny! So I'm going to "borrow" a few pics to post below and refer you to her blog instead. :)

But there were a couple details I wanted to add...

Tori & Clint first hit it off because of their mutual love of movies. They brought this passion into their wedding in the most creative way. All the songs during the ceremony were from various movies. This really made their ceremony personal and brought a fun atmosphere to the day. Also instead of traditional vows, they worte each other promises. It was very sweet and romantic, especially to see both of them show so much emotion.

They also added a lot of personal touches to the reception to make it their own. As neither of them are big fans of cake, they decided to go with pie and cookies for dessert instead. And they also fed one another sushi since they didn't have cake and pie might have been a little messy. Plus I hear sushi is one of their favorite meals. One thing that was really exciting about the pies and cookies is that my friend Jessica made them. I'm not really a big fan of fruit pie but the cherry she made was worthy of a second bite. And the frosted cookies is the shape of cakes were super cute and delish. Plus it was fun to taste some of her "professional" work. Here's a link to her facebook website! Good job Jess!


Isn't she beautiful!?!?


One of Jess's delicious cookies!


Matt and I at the wedding


4 comments:

  1. Sounds like everyone had a good time! Thanks for the "shout out"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you got a photo of Tori/Clint - all of mine of them are either them being super goofy, or from some blurry angle. Photo fail on my part.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liz, I totally stole that pic from facebook from one of Clint's family members. I also stole the cookie pics from A Sweet Request's facebook page and you may recognize the last pic as one you took and put on facebook too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So Christine, love your background and even though Liz's post was funny and I found myself so feeling her anxiety and then pain. I knew exactly the dagger look she was giving Page :0, it is fun to read your take on the weekend too. Between all of you I feel like I was actually there.
    Pam (Liz's Mom)

    ReplyDelete