Saturday, September 4, 2010

College football is in the air

I can't sleep. I think it's because I'm so pumped that Hawkeye football starts tomorrow (or maybe it's because I just started on steroids today because the doctors can't figure out why I've had a "cold" for over a month with diminished lung capacity.) But really, I'm way excited to see what the Hawks are going to do this year! Predictions are good and the anticipation is high! Check out Andrew's blog to see what I mean -  http://rollalongiowa.blogspot.com/

Matt and I actually kicked off the fall football season at the ISU game on Thursday night. This was our first ISU game without Iowa being there and, as expected, it didn't measure up. But college football is college football (well kinda) and the tickets were only $10/each. Also, as expected, Matt not only wore his favorite Iowa Bass Fishing t-shirt, he also had his Iowa Hawkeye sweatshirt that is 100% Hawkeye from every angle. In order to balance him out, I wore my one and only Iowa State tshirt (don't worry, it was a gift from Lindsey, I would never have bought it for myself) and a neutral sweatshirt. Matt's cheers for Northern Illinois (ISU's opponent) only succeeded in embarrassing me though because ISU did pull off the win.

ISU's winning season won't last for long though because the big Iowa vs Iowa State game is next weekend in Iowa City. Thanks to Becky's 2pm soccer game next weekend, Matt and I have my parents tickets to cheer on the hawks from inside the stadium. Due to Matt's crazy fall work schedule, we don't have the chance to go to many games together and I'm super excited about tailgating in IC and seeing the game live with him! Plus lots of our friends are going to be there too! There's really no better way to spend a Saturday in the fall. :)

2 comments:

  1. Ooohhh. Hope the drugs kick in soon. Liz and Page have had some badass cold too.
    Thanks for stopping by BeColorful. You and Matt should rock a Hawk door too.
    Go Hawks.
    It's half time, but I'm heading back to the group for the second half. :)
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are too funny. I'll excuse the ISU shirt b/c it was a gift, and it cracks me up that Matt cheered for the other team. :) We can't wait to tailgate with you guys next weekend! We both still have hacking coughs (going on 3 weeks now) - so you won't be the only one. Maybe we need some steroids, too!

    ReplyDelete