Tuesday, February 15, 2011

10 years'ish

This weekend marked the anniversary of our first date - Valentine's Dance, Valley High School, 2001. Yep, we went on our first date 10 years ago!  Well, technically we went to a hs girls bb game a few days before the dance, but Matt had already asked me to the dance so the bb game was just a warm-up. And we officially didn't start dating then... our boy-friend / girl-friend anniversary isn't until April 16th, 2001. But, regardless, we've been together ever since.

It's kinda funny when people find out that we're high school sweethearts. On one hand people think it's super cute that our "puppy love" has lasted. On the other hand, 10 years is a looong time for kids our age to have been together and some people find that a little awkward. (Sorry, if you're one of those people and find this post uncomfortable.)

We've shared a lot of really great memories over the years... My favorite high school Prom memory includes Matt... I remember looking forward to seeing him on the Pentacrest as we walked between classes at Iowa... He helped me explore Omaha on my first adventure as a "grown-up"... Matt's still by my side picking out paint colors for our house...  I'm so glad that it's been Matt that I've shared all these moments with. I admit that I don't know it any other way, but I wouldn't change it for anything.

Pic from the past to come as soon as I figure out our scanner.

No comments:

Post a Comment