Sunday, February 6, 2011

oops!

If it hasn't been obvious yet, it will be in a few minutes, I am totally inexperienced at DIY and home improvement in general. I discovered some new fun blogs this weekend and they got me in the mood to work on my house today. So I decided to tackle painting the trim in the downstairs bathroom. I bought the oil-based primer and white latex paint awhile ago but just hadn't started on it yet. Apparently this is the first time I've ever used oil-based primer before because I had NO IDEA that it was so much smellier than regular paint. I barely made any progress when I nearly passed out because of the fumes. I painted our bedroom at the beginning of January and while it did have some "paint" smell it wasn't unbearable. But this smell is definitely unbearable. So even though it's snowing outside I now have our front door open, the bathroom window cracked and the smell is still lingering after 45 minutes like this. oops! Lesson learned, I guess. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment