Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Score!

After a month of searching, Matt and I finally bought our new family room furniture! It's so exciting to have that done... now we're on to picking out a new paint color for the walls and finding (or maybe building???) an electric fireplace/mantel/tv stand combo. We ended up purchasing a couch, loveseat, chair/ottoman AND a coffeetable. We had almost finished checking out when we remembered the coffee table we had seen earlier and decided to throw that in too. More on the couch decision later but here's the coffee table we ordered.
Isn't it adorable! What's really fun is that it's actually two pieces smooshed together. We can separate them if we want and then we'll have so much room for activities (yes, Matt, that Stepbrothers reference was for you). It's kinda hard to tell in this pic but the color is actually dark brown not black. 

Sometimes I feel guilty about buying new furniture like this. So many people find used furniture super cheap and then can turn it into something a.maz.ing. I don't have those magical skills. I never seem to find the cute furniture (probably because I'm not going to the right stores because i don't know which ones those are) and then even if I did find cute stuff that needs some tlc, my painting and staining skills are severely lacking. So we forked over the cash and bought it new. 

But guess what.... I just saw this same exact coffee table on Amazon for $100 MORE than what we paid for it at Homemakers. How awesome is that!!! So even though I feel kinda bad about buying new, I'm totally stoked that we got a great deal! Hooray for new furniture and hooray for savings!   

1 comment:

  1. Great buy. Something you will be able to live with for a long time. I love the color and especially like that it separates. Very cool and that makes it so much more versatile. Then, twenty years from now when you are sick and tired of it THEN you can paint it up and repurpose it. :)
    Well done.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete