I had high hopes to write a few very overdue posts about our vacations so far this summer but it obviously didn’t get done. My excuse is Pinterest (and leaving my camera cord at work). Wow is that website addicting! Not only is it fabulous to be able to “pin” images that I like from other websites, but I could did spend hours looking at others “pins” within Pinterest. It’s so easy to use and so neat to have all your favorite images organized, everyone should join. I can’t even imagine how wonderful it would have been to have had this site when I was planning our wedding. So enough about Pinterest, it’s not the only thing I did this week…and if you’re an active blog reader, I’m sure you already know all about it.
Next was dinner at the Cheesecake Factory with Megan and Tori. I totally forgot about my camera until the very end so this is the only pic I have to show for such a fun time. If I had remembered earlier, I would have taken a close of up my Skinny Mojito – it was amazing! And of Tori’s Skinny Sangria – also delish. Speaking of delicious, how can you go wrong with ANY of the food at Cheesecake Factory! I always get kinda overwhelmed with their menu – I never decide what I want until the very last second when I’m ordering. Sometimes this can lead me to kinda freaking out and ordering weird things (just ask Matt about the Subway story), but not on Friday. I ended up with Stuffed Mushrooms and Chicken Croquettes. So savory. After passing on dessert (dinner was just too good), Megan, Tori and I headed to the theater to catch Friends with Benefits. It stars Mila Kunis and Justin Timberlake and I expected it to be funny but my hopes weren’t too high since the plot didn’t sound oh so original. Luckily, I was completely surprised to discover that the movie is actually a Romantic Comedy (not just a comedy) and was so much better than I had expected. I laughed, I cried, it was fantastic!
To top off the fabulous evening, there was an awesome heat lightning storm to the east of DSM that I got to watch all the way home. I couldn’t have asked for a more wonderful evening!
No comments:
Post a Comment