Thursday, July 21, 2011

Keens

Something very special was waiting for me when I got home from work today... my very first pair of Keens! I've been telling Matt I want a pair (he has 2) for a while now but their prices were scaring me away. $100 is a lot to spend on a pair of sandals that I wanted to walk the dog in. But last week we found the Balboa Keen in Dark Citron ON SALE online. Normally I wouldn't by shoes without trying them on, but I tried some other styles in various stores and 8.5 consistently fit. Plus they had free shipping and free returns too so I couldn't resist. 
I have to use a stock photo because my new ones are already dirty from wearing them on our walk tonight! lol! oops! I really like them already and here's why....

I didn't pay full price for them
No wet socks/shoes (like when I wore tennis shoes walking Gable through the park)
No sliding around (like when I wore flip flops so that my socks/shoes didn't get wet)
No stubbed toes
My feet can still get a little tan
I can wear them into the lake
Easy on and off in case I get rocks or sand in them from the lake
They are machine-washable
And... they are a fun color! 

If you can't tell, I'm pretty excited about my new Keens. :) 

Yes, I realize that I've been absent for awhile and this is the post I decide to come back with. But it's been busy here - Last week we were on vaca in Okoboji and this week has been hectic with work. I'll be back to post about our vacation soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment