Matt and I, along with Matt and Renee (and their dog Ziggy), headed up to Lake Winnibigoshish in the Chippewa National Forest in northern Minnesota. We stayed in a cabin at Little Winnie Resort and the goal of our vacation was fishing. Yep. I've now been on my first official fishing trip. And I survived the trip without touching any worms or leeches and only held one fish!
 |
| This is the only fish we caught without teeth which is why I held it. |
Matt was a champ about having to do practically everything for me out on the lake. But I'm pretty proud that I was able to help out back at our cabin with creating our bonfires.
 |
| Made it all by myself! |
The reason why we headed to the Lake Winnibigoshish / Little Winnibigoshish / Cut Foot Sioux Lake area was because the area is known for it's great fishing. The boys made sure to check with lots of locals for the fishing report when we got up there so that they would know the spots where the fish were biting. When we went out we didn't "slam" fish, but we caught plenty to eat and bring home.
 |
| We caught them... |
 |
| and they cooked 'em! |
True story. Renee and I caught more fish (and bigger ones too) than the Matt's. This is solely because the boys had to get our rods ready for us and then when we caught one, they'd have to reel their own pole in to help us with the fish. But they were good sports about it - I think they liked seeing us catch fish. See look how excited Matt is to hold the first fish I caught. :)
 |
| Pretty sure this is a northern pike |
While the fishing was (kinda) fun, I really just loved being out on a lake. Matt & Renee have a fishing boat which they brought up with them and Matt and I rented ours. I kinda flipped out a little when I saw the boat we rented the first day - the bottom was filled with dirty, fishy water and I was totally grossed out. Matt scooped out the disgusting water so that I would actually get into the boat. When we went over to Cut Foot Sioux we rented a different boat (due to convenience) and that one was sooo nice in comparison.
But regardless of the boat or the lake that we were on, there were some beautiful views.
Overall, I it was a successful vacation and fishing trip. And I have no doubt that we'll probably do it again. :)
beautiful pics, and a great one of the 2 of you!
ReplyDelete