Let’s first start with – Where is Abu Dhabi?
Abu Dhabi is the capital city of the United Arab Emirates (UAE), a country in the Middle East. It takes about 20-24 hours to travel from Iowa to Abu Dhabi. There are around 1.5 Million people living in the city – but they say only a 20% or so are Emirati citizens and the other 80% are expatriates from other countries. Prior to World War 1, Abu Dhabi’s economy revolved around the pearl industry. In the 1930’s oil exploration began and through the discovery of many oil and gas fields, the UAE is now one of the wealthiest countries in the world.
And why am I posting about Abu Dhabi?
I found out some exciting news at work last week… there is a 75% chance that I will travel to our Abu Dhabi office in June! It seems like all lights are green for approvals – but I don’t have an exact date yet or a flight so there’s still a possibility that this could fall through. So I don’t want to get my hopes up too much, it’s just hard not to be soooo excited!
While these photos were "stolen" from here, I hope to have the opportunity to take some of my own while I'm there. It is a work trip, so work will obviously take up a lot of my time but how can I not check out these amazing sights!
Keep you fingers crossed that everything will work out for me to go!






No comments:
Post a Comment