On February 22nd Gable celebrated his 1st birthday. If Matt would have let me, I would have gone all out on a celebration for him. (I even found some great ideas on pinterest for a puppy birthday party.) Instead we just maintained our current level of spoiling. J Here he is on his birthday enjoying a bone.
It’s weird to think that a year ago, we had no idea what having a dog would be all about. Since we don't have kids, we completely treat Gable like he's our baby. And we both know that we're completely over the top about it. But he's just so stinking cute :)
Right now his favorite activity is going on walks - expecially when Matt takes him because its always a new adventure for him. On this walk they found some rusted out old pickups.
Gable tends to be a bit more naughty when he walks with me. I think it's because our walks are more boring so he has to entertain himself a bit. Luckily this is a farmer's field and not our backyard.
He also loves going to the dog park in replacement of his walk. This weird Iowa weather has turned many of the dog parks (as well as our backyard) into a muddy mess. It may be hard to tell how muddy he truely is in this pic because he literally is coated in mud due to a somersualt he performed while chasing his buddies.
When he's not out running around, you'll find him eating or sleeping.
The best part of having a dog is undoubtably the unconditional love. Every night I come home to Gable waiting for me at the top of the stairs. Sometimes he'll even start waiting for me early and while I feel guilty that I'm not home yet, it totally warms my heart knowing that he misses me.






No comments:
Post a Comment