It is now April 10th and we still have no floors in our bedroom or the nursery. The carpet was supposed to be in by now. Matt went through the entire order process with a gal at Lowes back on March 19. Around March 28 Matt talked to a guy at Lowes who told us the carpet had been delivered to Lowes and the install crew would be calling soon. When we hadn't heard from the install crew last week and we couldn't get someone on the phone at the store, Matt went in and cornered someone in the flooring department. "It doesn't show that any carpet has been ordered." WHAT!?!?!?!?!?
It's probably best for that lady at Lowes that Matt was handling this. If I would have been there I probably would have been crying and screaming. Apparently people straight up lied to us. They gave us a discount but Matt's not one to make a fuss so there certainly wasn't any crying or yelling going on. The carpet has now been reordered and should "be here in a couple weeks". Install should only take a day, so hopefully we won't have to wait long once it actually arrives at lowes.
I realize that the baby doesn't really need much when it's born. We have a pack and play that could be set up in the basement with us which should work. But I would feel so much more comfortable and ready if we could actually put up the crib in the nursery. I'm 35 weeks today and the doctors said that if I go into labor anytime after 35 weeks, they won't stop it. And while I realize most first time mom's go 41 weeks, because we're not ready yet, I feel like the baby is more likely to come early.
And I would really love to sleep in our 3-yr-old, queen-sized bed -- not the 20+ yr old, full-size bed in the basement. (I know, I'm whining... I should just be grateful that we have a roof over our head and a safe place to bring baby home to. And that we are blessed enough to even be talking about bringing home a baby. I am very grateful, but just very frustrated too.) Ok, rant over...
Since my hope of having the nursery all put together has pretty much been dashed, I've been thinking about fun ways to customize it for a boy or girl once the little one arrives! Here are a few of my favorites right now...
It's probably best for that lady at Lowes that Matt was handling this. If I would have been there I probably would have been crying and screaming. Apparently people straight up lied to us. They gave us a discount but Matt's not one to make a fuss so there certainly wasn't any crying or yelling going on. The carpet has now been reordered and should "be here in a couple weeks". Install should only take a day, so hopefully we won't have to wait long once it actually arrives at lowes.
I realize that the baby doesn't really need much when it's born. We have a pack and play that could be set up in the basement with us which should work. But I would feel so much more comfortable and ready if we could actually put up the crib in the nursery. I'm 35 weeks today and the doctors said that if I go into labor anytime after 35 weeks, they won't stop it. And while I realize most first time mom's go 41 weeks, because we're not ready yet, I feel like the baby is more likely to come early.
And I would really love to sleep in our 3-yr-old, queen-sized bed -- not the 20+ yr old, full-size bed in the basement. (I know, I'm whining... I should just be grateful that we have a roof over our head and a safe place to bring baby home to. And that we are blessed enough to even be talking about bringing home a baby. I am very grateful, but just very frustrated too.) Ok, rant over...
Since my hope of having the nursery all put together has pretty much been dashed, I've been thinking about fun ways to customize it for a boy or girl once the little one arrives! Here are a few of my favorites right now...
| Options are endless :) http://www.etsy.com/listing/96827057/yellow-and-gray-nursery-wall-art-yellow?ref=shop_home_active |
| Instead of blue, thinking green for a boy and pink for a girl http://www.etsy.com/listing/108809368/nursery-quote-print-8-x-10-print-baby?ref=af_you_favitem |
![]() |
| Or at least we hope Gable will be their (first) best friend (Can't actually buy on Etsy, just found it and love it) |
| Thinking white washed board and different colors of yarn (sorry - I can't find the etsy link for this....) |
| How adorable, right? http://www.etsy.com/listing/127649462/custom-name-wooden-letters-block-puzzle?ref=usr_faveitems |

No comments:
Post a Comment