Saturday, April 6, 2013

We made it to Exile...

One of my goals for 2013 was for Matt and I to go out and try new restaurants together. Well I FINALLY have one to report back on. (Well actually we've been to 2 in the last couple weeks but one of them PepperJax Grill shouldn't really count. It's like Pancheros but they serve Philly sandwiches instead.) So where did we FINALLY go??? Exile Brewing Co.

Matt had to take his car into the shop on Thursday so he ended up driving to work and then came back to pick me up. Exile is right downtown so it was easy to head there after work. It was much fancier than I expected a brewery to be but given the clientele it made sense. Lots of business people eating there and I know it's used for lots of networking/social events too. And while it was a little more upscale than I originally expected, those dressed in jeans still looked like they belonged.

My biggest disappointment was that the didn't have a house rootbeer, nor are they supporting other Iowa breweries by having one of theirs on tap. (However if I could drink, I would have been happy choosing a cocktail off their drink menu.) Matt decided to get a flight of their 4 staples... His favorite of the night was the Hannah.

We got the sweet potato fries for an appetizer. They were delish (and they still tasted great as leftover snacks)! For our main meals Matt got the Italian Stallion and I had the Mac & Cheese. We both liked our selections but I don't think they will make ou list of favorites. Good enough to go back but not so amazing that I won't want to try something else. We (and I really mean I) ordered a dessert to go. It was a chocolate mess of Oreo crust, rocky road ice cream, marshmallows, drizzled in chocolate and caramel. Very chocolately - which I've been all about lately :)






No comments:

Post a Comment