Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Walk it out

Last week Gable and I went on 4 walks together (plus a trip to the dog park). I'm pretty sure that is 4 more walks than occurred during the month of March. A couple factors - 1) Gable is finally better and we can't get away with not walking him 2) The snow/ice that was covering the trails at the park has finally disappeared so the risk of me falling on my butt is reduced 3) We finally have had some warm weather which just can't be ignored 4) The sun is out later so walking Gable after work is actually a possibility and 5) I had a low key weekend planned so I had plenty of time to walk him.

I don't anticipate that we will continue at this pace of 4 walks a week. (Weather man says colder temps with a chance of rain/snow is on the way plus next weekend is busier for me.) But hopefully we can continue taking a couple walks each week. While it wasn't much fun hauling my much larger self off the coach and bending over to tie my shoes - once we got started on the walk I actually felt pretty good (despite the constant heavy breathing and slower pace). At work I'm doing lots of quick two block sprints between meetings which have become increasingly more uncomfortable. So it's nice to know that my body doesn't mind the slower paced longer walks as much. I hope these can continue up until baby's arrival!






2 comments:

  1. Not long now. :D Enjoy these weeks and hopefully warmer days ahead.
    p

    ReplyDelete