Saturday, June 25, 2011

Doggie Paddlin' Pup

So I mentioned back in this post that Gable learned to swim. So exciting! Gable has been exposed to water in few different ways – backyard kiddie pool, accidentally sliding into the pond behind my parent’s house, wading into 8 inch water to retrieve sticks, but we hadn’t really seen him go all out and actually swim.  A couple weeks ago Matt was just taking Gable on a walk at one of their regular hangouts, when they ran into our puppy training class instructor. She was out exercising her golden retrievers and was just getting ready to work on their retrieving in the water. Never one to miss out on the fun, Gable followed the other dogs into the lake and went for a real swim – doggy paddle and all!  Matt texted me a pic at work and of course I was super jealous. So I was thrilled when Matt suggested we head back to the park after dinner that night (with my camera in tow). It was a little cold (a rainstorm had blown threw that afternoon) but Gable did not disappoint. J It was so fun to see him doggie paddling around and it was really neat to watch Matt be such a proud puppy papa. 









1 comment:

  1. So, okay, you know I love you right? and the dog is definitely cute but now I'm ready for another house update because really? You've kinda left me hangin'. :0
    Happy 4th. Hope was fabulous.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete