Monday, June 20, 2011

SUPER PUPPY!

It's official. We have a super puppy!
Gable passed his Super Puppy training class last week! Hooray! I'm actually really glad that we decided to take a puppy obedience so soon after bringing Gable home. I think it really helped build Gable's confidence but also our confidence as puppy owners. Being first time puppy owners can be a bit overwhelming at times but the class really helped keep things in perspective and put us on the right track for future success. Plus it was fun!
Matt holding Gable in the settle position

Getting ready to run through the tunnel
Working on the "Come" command


Getting ready for the skinny bridge


Crossing the skinny bridge

These are pics from all the fun activities during just one night during our 8 week session. I wish I got a pic from the last night because the obstacle course that we did was awesome, but Matt was out of town so I didn't have a camera man available. On the last night we also got to show of the tricks that we'd been practicing at home... Shake, Crawl, & Twirl. Gable also knows Sit, Stay (kinda) and Lay because we learned them in class.  And we got lucky with a private swim lesson with our instructor so Gable can now swim and retrieve. It's so exciting that he's learning so much!

1 comment:

  1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2W10_FshK24&NR=1&feature=fvwp

    ReplyDelete