Thursday, June 17, 2010

Teacher Envy

It's days like today that I wish I was a teacher. It is GORGEOUS outside right now. 82 degrees and sunny with a slight breeze. And this morning as I drove to work there was a ridiculous thunderstorm. All those teachers with the summer off got to sleep through that and can go out and enjoy the day now before it turns nasty again tonight. I'm so jealous! I am kinda considering bringing a foldup lawn chair to work. That way during lunch I can plunk it out in the grasssy part of the parking lot and enjoy the summer weather. The only thing that's holding me back is what my boss might think - I don't want this to be the reason why I might not get a good recommendation at the end of the summer internship. :)


But speaking of teachers... My co-instructors and I just figured out our schedule for the fall! yay! There are 4 of us with an assistantship at ISU to teach two required introductory business courses. One is on different majors and careers within the business world and the other is about professional development (cover letters, resumes, interviewing). I'll have 3 classes to teach on my own in the fall and I'm excited to see how they go! This last year we "co-taught" our classes because they ended up not having as many sections as they orginally thought. I really enjoyed it though and am excited to do more. I've also discovered that with a masters degree many colleges will let you teach as an adjunct professor or lecturer. Once I graduate in December I think that's something I'll definitely consider pursuing in addition to a full-time job.

No comments:

Post a Comment