Monday, June 14, 2010

House Project Number 2

This weekend I decided to start my second project on the house. My first was our bathroom. (I'll do a separate post about that once I put up the new towels.) We have A LOT of wall space to fill up in our family room. For our wedding my grandmother gave Matt and I a beautiful painting that matches wonderfully to the wall color the previous owner's picked out. It's in the most prominent position when you walk in the front door but it's also on the wall with the least amount of space because of the kitchen opening. We've also got a wall of windows without any curtains but I'm not ready to tackle that. The two remaining walls are big and completely bare. After searching around a bunch I've decided the professional artwork I’m most drawn to is just not in our budget right now. I've found a DIY artwork project that I think I could handle. This is a sample pic from Michaels. They have a template you can buy and matching picture frames that are labeled A, B, C...  to match up with the template.  
I won't be using Michael's template becasue even their DIY project is a little too spendy for what I think is reasonable. So I'm going to do it all myself. I like that the frames are all different sizes and the number of photos in each frame is varied too. It’s keeps the look more casual plus I think it’ll be a bit more forgiving if I don’t get them spaced perfectly when I hang them. I plan on using photos from our honeymoon and other trips we’ve been on. It’ll remind us of the fun places we’ve been and hopefully encourage us to continue to put money aside to go on more vacations.

I’m really not all that crafty so I hope this works out! I’ll post pictures when I get it complete.

1 comment:

  1. christine! this is awesome, i didn't know you were so crafty!!! keep it up!

    ReplyDelete