Saturday, March 19, 2011

Green Shenanigans

St. Patrick's Day has always been one of my favorites! You'll never catch me without my green :) However, I'll admit that I am not as hardcore about the celebrations though. I don't take the day off work, I don't drink all day and I don't come in late the following day either. Nothing against those that do, it just hasn't been one of my traditions yet. However, some year I would like to take the day off - but I want to go to the Irish Mass at the cathedral downtown, then head out and watch the parade and then do some celebrating with friends...someday. This year we met up with some friends at Mickey's Irish Pub out in Waukee after work. It was a good time but we probably would have lasted out a little longer had the 80's cover band been not quite so loud! My ears were ringing for so long after we left - lol!
Julie, Liz & I - pic from Liz's camera

Thanks to Liz for this pic too :)

Page, Page's friend from work & Matt

Julie, Jenny & I

Jenny 1st introduced us to Mickey's Waukee

Foroomies! (former roomies)

Look how Matt's wearing green x2

The Wicked Witch of Ireland was there too!

Celebrating his bday a day early!

1 comment:

  1. st pattys day looked so fun!!!! that piece of cookie cake looks so incredibly delicious! matts a lucky guy! ps im really impressed that you are so up to date with your blog! im uber struggling to add my stories.

    ReplyDelete