Thursday, March 3, 2011

Matt's Painting Masterpiece

When we bought out furniture at the end of January, we knew we'd have to paint our family room. The fabric we chose was too similar to the color of our walls and carpet. Plus we were ready for something different in that room. The previous owners painted the entire upstairs in beige. It was good for them because the neutral decor attracted us to the house but living in a world of beige gets kinda boring.

Here's what the house looked like before we moved in (previous owner's furniture)...

And here's the fabric swatches for our new furniture...
The main color is linen which is on the right. The patterned piece, on the left, is for the pillows.


We decided we wanted to go with a something in the green family for the walls. 
We started with 2 colors on the wall. Verdigris & Sliced Cucumber... 


And then we added a third, much darker green to compare. Frosted Pine...


But we still couldn't make a decision. More options???

Sliced Cucumber, Environmental, Zen, Frosted Jade, Verdigris, Frosted Pine
We decided to try out Zen on the wall (3rd from left) but forgot to take a pic. But you can still see it, because that's what we decided to put on the wall! Matt did ALL the work and I am soooo impressed! He did most of it while I was at work but I know it was lots of hard work. Just look at how how the ceiling is! Painting on a ladder couldn't have been fun.

The color changes a lot depending on the lighting. Trying to take pics that really capture the color is difficult with my point and shoot (and novice skills) but here are a few...





See what I mean?!?! It's pretty pale when all the natural light pours in but at night it's much more saturated. I'm excited to see how the furniture looks with it. They will be delivered soon though, so more pics to come! 



4 comments:

  1. Great post. I love the Zen color you chose. isn't it funny but if I'm on the fence I will go with the one that has the better name. :)
    I really liked how you showed us the fabrics next to the paint colors. You two have a real eye for this stuff. Interesting that these colors are also the colors of your blog. :)
    Can't wait to see it with the furniture in it and tell Matt -Nicely done. Way to rock the roller.
    Pam R

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Pam! I didn't notice before about the blog colors and our new furniture & wall colors... apparently i'm developing a more consistent style :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go on the painting skills, Matt - are you available for hire? :) I really, really like the color! It's very fresh and open and crisp. Can't wait to see the new furniture - hurry up and plan that party!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great Christine! I'm impressed that Matt did all that painting!

    ReplyDelete