Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Road trippin'



Friday night we hit up Gary Allan's concert at the Surf Ballroom with our favorite couple from Clear Lake. It was definitely a fun time! A few weeks ago I bought Gary's newest album (released last fall) and have been prepping for the sing along. I'm glad I did too because while Gary played all his greatest hits like Watching Airplanes and Songs About Rain, he also played some of his new ones such as No Regrets. That one's definitely going to be one of my new favorites.

Since we we're already half way to the Twin Cities, we decided to make it a road trip weekend and headed further up north on Saturday morning. We started our shopping excursion off with a stop at Cabela's on the way up. Then we hit up Ikea! It was Matt's first time and we definitely made it a good one. I'm not sure if Matt was more impressed with their 50cent hotdogs or the new tv console that we found, but either way it was a successful shopping spree. I'll have more about our purchases in upcoming posts-- we need to accessorize first.

Keeping with the shopping theme... we couldn't NOT go to the Mall of America. It had been years since I'd been there and Matt was a virgin for this too. We didn't really buy much but we had a great time people watching and checking things out.

This was the view from our dinner table. Pretty awesome ambiance. Did you know that Camp Snoopy is now called Nickelodeon Universe? I wonder when that happened? The only character I recognized was Dora the Explorer... I guess I'm getting old. Correction - we are getting old. I tried to convince Matt that we should go on a ride but he was feeling to old for that. :) All in all it was a fun weekend getaway! Just what we needed!

No comments:

Post a Comment